Baptism is the first step in our initiation into the Christian Community. Bringing your child into the Church through the Sacrament of Baptism includes the following essentials:
- Register in the parish if you are not already a member, or provide a permission letter from your pastor for the baptism to take place at St. Mary’s.
- Attend a Baptism Preparation Class at the church in the St. Joseph’s Room at 6:30 pm. Register by calling the Parish Life Center at 651-429-7771 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide a copy of the birth certificate.
- Complete a Baptismal Information Sheet.
- Pay a $30 per child administration fee.
**If you have attended a Baptism Preparation Class at St. Mary’s in the last three years, you only need to complete steps 3-5 to schedule a Baptism date.
Schedule a Baptism
Once the above steps are completed, a Baptism date can be scheduled. Parents can register in the parish and attend a Baptism Preparation Class before the child is born.
March 12, 2017 at 12:15 pm
March 26, 2017 at 12:15 pm
April 23, 2017 at 12:15 pm
May 28, 2017 at 12:15 pm
June 11, 2017 at 12:15 pm
June 25, 2017 at 12:15 pm
July 9, 2017 at 12:15 pm
July 23, 2017 at 12:15 pm
August 13, 2017 at 12:15 pm
August 27, 2017 at 12:15 pm
September 10, 2017 at 12:15 pm
September 24, 2017 at 12:15 pm
Baptism Preparation Class
The Baptism Preparation Class is one hour long. Babies are welcome! The session covers the natural symbols of life that the Church uses in baptism: water, oil (Sacred Chrism), sponsor, white garment, and candle. The goal is to increase understanding of those symbols and why they are used, so the richness of Christ’s action in the family is explored and appreciated in a new way and to a new depth of meaning.
Monday, May 15, 2017, 6:30 pm
Classes for August and October TBD